Registration is open for the Roughness, Texture, and Tribology class and workshop, which will be held in Livonia, Michigan, May 3–5. 2023. This live, in-person class offers a unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of surface roughness, friction, and wear, as well as applications for industry and research. The immersive, in-person format gives you the chance to focus on this critical material and get the answers you need to tailor it to your specific applications.
The class offers a deep dive into topics including:
- Measuring roughness and waviness
- Instruments for surface measurement
- Filtering texture data for the application
- Data analysis techniques and tools
- Surface texture parameters
- Specifying surface texture
- Applying surface texture analysis to wear, sealing, and other functionality
- Surface energy, adhesion and texture, paint appearance
- Mechanics of dry friction and rolling friction
- Fundamentals of lubrication
- Surface metrology strategy.
We’ve been refining and expanding this class for nearly 20 years to get right to what matters for our students. It’s the most thorough and affordable opportunity we know to learn and apply the fundamentals of surface texture analysis.